About Me

One of God's sheep who has moved to different pastures. Sometimes they seem greener and other times not so green. But my Shepherd is always there for me.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A touch of Great Grandmother

I had some quilt tops that my husbands grandmother had made. I believe she was planning on making pillows from them.









My daughter taped them up on the wall one day on a whim. I was to live with them to see if I liked the arrangement. If not I was to move them to another wall. They were taped up for the last two months.






















Today I found frames for them
















After framing them, I had to decide how to arrange them on the wall. I traced around the frames onto newspaper and cut the pattern. Than I laid out the frames on the floor. When I got the arrangement I liked I taped the cut newspaper patterns on the wall.We centered the nail on the paper and hammered it in. We than tore off the paper and hung the quilt tops.
























I have a few more to do. But for now these will suffice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the quilt pieces. I would have never thought to use them as wall hangings,

Have a good day

Anonymous said...

cool Patty. How is Nolan doing? Miss you guys. KEN

Renee Morgan said...

Very nice Mom.

Hope your sheep are migrating to a safe place because 3 day countdown to invasion.

Carrie said...

I love it! You did such a good job!

Becka said...

Oh, mom. They are beautiful. Great job!