About Me

One of God's sheep who has moved to different pastures. Sometimes they seem greener and other times not so green. But my Shepherd is always there for me.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Staycation


Had a bit of a pity party last week. I was missing my old friends back in Illinois. Don't take offense guys you aren't old as in old. So I got online trying to find a Bed and Breakfast or a cabin near here . Sometimes when I get down I check out places to go. Boy did I find some. Our budget was 10 dollars. These are two that I thought would be great. Both are near us. http://www.serenitylogcabins.com/gallery/countrycharm/
http://www.coyotecreekfarmoh.com/cabin.html

Not in the budget.

After looking at some of the cabins I thought what am I doing. I have a house on a hill overlooking woods and hills, great scenery, a table with an umbrella on the deck, a large bedroom with clean sheets and the bed is made. The room also has a master bath with clean towels. I have my own bed and breakfast.

So I got in the kitchen fixed a great dinner, got out my good dinnerware, my usual dishes instead of paper plates. Than I went to the garage to dig out my stemware, made a pitcher of lemonade and got out the cloth napkins. I ate out on the deck watching the sunset with a wonderful husband and than we went out to see the sights.

First stop Lowe's to get some stuff for the Saturday fix ups. Than a stop at the local Ice Cream stand called the Buckeye, great raspberry shakes.

To use a phrase from a blogger friend of mine http://miastoriadivita.blogspot.com/
I was taking a Staycation. Anybody else ever had one of these?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yeah we have lots of staycations here. No choice.
But I am sooooooooooooooooo saving up money now to come to one of those that you found. Veeeery nice.
I love you and I promise to call this week!!!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yuppers, staycations are about all we can afford. Can't get a loan for a tank of gas.... But, who knows patti, maybe someday in the near future we can pop over for a couple of days or so. Miss you KEN

Anonymous said...

Patty,
Hey Ewe! I like your new kitchen! I love a yellow kitchen. Our kitchen is yellow..but the color ended up being too bright. Hopefully we can re do it one day. I want something more soft yellow. And...We want to repaint the rest of the house a soft green..Well one day hopefully we can do that...notice I said "WE" My husband is super about fixing my Boo Boo's too!
What subject is Terry teaching? That is a blessing that he got the job.
The area where you are living looks like it is really beautiful. I love the Autumn/Fall season. It is my favorite one of all the seasons. It is sad because this area doesn't really have a pretty fall season.
We really need to figure out a way for the 4 of us to be able to figure out a visit.
You truly are making your house into a really homey and nice place.
The little mission church sounds nice too. God is blessing!
Hopefully I won't loose your email and blog address again. No promises..my computer or server has gremlins and eats my data!
love and prayers,
susan