About Me

One of God's sheep who has moved to different pastures. Sometimes they seem greener and other times not so green. But my Shepherd is always there for me.

Friday, August 15, 2008

It's not about Me

I wonder if some of the Israelites that left Egypt for the Promise Land really wanted to leave. After all they had been there for several generations and most of it was not in slavery. It was all they had known. We look down on them and wonder why would they want to go back to Egypt when they had the promise Land to look forward to.

If I had been one of the Israelites I could see myself as one who would say, Its not to bad here, we have jobs, homes and times will change after all it hasn't always been this way. At the first sight of the Pharaohs army I would be in the crowd saying, It would be better to be buried in Egypt than out here in no mans land.

I wouldn't have seen the miracles of God because I was dwelling on the past and fearful for the future.

Its been a hard month for me. I miss my old home and friends. I remember the good jobs and health insurance we had. Here it's been temp jobs and a scary trip to the Doctor. Sometimes I wonder if we heard God right. Dwelling on the past and fearful of the future is what I have been doing.

This morning I woke up to the sound of God, yes He does speak thru the radio. The first song was Count your Blessings. He wasn't finished speaking to me yet. I have been, I this ,I that, me me me. He had another message for me.



It's not about me
It's about Jesus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patti so sorry for not saying hi. HI. I check for your blog every day. You can find me at www.kenelsey.wordpress.com

love you guys