
This was a post I made in March of 2008, it came to my mind today as I was walking with Heidi in the freshly falling snow. As I passed the trees that applauded me in the rain several weeks ago another sound was coming from them. It sounded like water rushing over small pebbles in a stream. I stopped and listened. I looked around and saw God's handiwork in the fields and trees, even in the goats eating their breakfast in the early morning snow. It was quiet, worshipful, I just stood in awe and remembered my brother Jimmy and how I needed to see the world for him.Sometimes I get busy and forget.
Eyes wide open
Not long ago, I was looking out of a plane window to the land below. Tears came to my eyes as I was thinking of my brother Jimmy who was fighting bone cancer. I had just left him in what would be my last visit with him. My thoughts were that he would never see the ground from this high, silly thoughts. When I got home life changed for me. I looked at the sky for longer periods of time. Noticed the stars in the darkness. I noticed the worms in the soil while working in the garden. I noticed the different greens of the trees. Before, the sky held no wonder, dirt was dirt, and there was only one color of trees. One day it it hit me, I was seeing the world for Jimmy.
No comments:
Post a Comment